Neighbourhood Highlight: Downtown Port Coquitlam
June 28, 2021
Imagine living in a historic neighbourhood with pedestrian-focused, tree-lined streets that bring you to a vibrant mix of craft shops, restaurants, breweries, and services.
Then, picture yourself being only minutes away from beautiful parks and lush nature – in this scenario, the West Coast outdoors is your backyard. What sounds like a dream actually has a name and a postal code: downtown Port Coquitlam.
Located in the Lower Mainland between the Fraser, Pitt and Coquitlam rivers, PoCo has grown into a modern city that is becoming livelier and more interesting every day. As a result, lots of young professionals and families have flooded the city for its charm, amenities and affordability when compared to its larger neighbours. Its village-like spirit, stunning natural setting, and many business opportunities make Port Coquitlam a city with something for everyone.
Lots of young professionals and families have flooded the city for its charm, amenities and affordability when compared to its larger neighbours.
See some of the (many) amenities you will find in Downtown PoCo:
Shopping & Essentials
The walkable, trendy downtown core is connected by the original 1913 city hall, from where you can easily find local shops that will cater to everything you need and more.
- Shopping: Avision Optical, Bosley’s By Pet Valu, ConSign iT!, Corner Sports, Daniel Le Chocolate Belge, Hemp Hemp Hooray, Gems Collection, PoCo Naturals, New Tren Optical, Shoppers Drug Mart, Summit Tools, The Bombay Sweets, The Vacuum Shop No3, Western Sky Books, and more.
- Services: Ancell Marketing, Classe Dressmaking Shoppe, Bank of Montreal, RBC Royal Bank, Bart Aldrich Notary Corporation, HR & Block, Intercity Appraisals, Jessica Cooper Counselling.
- Fitness & Beauty: Ascension Martial Arts, All Body Laser, Best Nails Studio, Blue Water Spa, Derma Clinic, DM & Co. Hair Studio, Florens Hair Cut, Seabreeze Nail and Piercing Studio, Elgin Dental Group and Chiropractic Clinic, In a Wink Beautique, Anytime Fitness.
Food & Drinks
Whether you want to grab a coffee during a family walk, have some drinks with your friends in your local pub or celebrate a special occasion, you can always find the perfect spot in PoCo.
- Restaurants & Pubs: Patina Brewing Co, Samz Neighbourhood Pub, Me-n-Ed’s Pizza Parlours, Tip Thai Restaurant, Earls Kitchen + Bar, Pho T&T, Sparta Empire Greek Taverna + Pizza, Asahi Sushi, Matteo’s Gelato, Amigo Pancake House, Fryday Korean Cuisine, PoCo Chinese Restaurant, Un Pho Get A Bowl.
- Groceries: City Avenue Market, Europe Old Fashioned Bakery & Deli, Safeway, PoCo Freshmart, Gardenia Foods Co, Latino Deli.
Downtown residents are close to winding riverside trails, adventurous playgrounds, and sports fields. With over 266 hectares of parkland within its borders, Port Coquitlam offers incredible recreational opportunities with many trails ideal for hiking, biking, and leisurely walks. Only a short drive can take you to Golden Ears Park and all the other regional parks such as Colony Farm Regional Park and Buntzen Lake Reservoir Recreation Area.
- Carnoustie Golf Club, PoCo Bowl, Giggle Dam Dinner Theatre, Port Coquitlam Community Centre.
- Parks: Gates Park, Central Park, Elks Park, Veterans Park, Railside Skate Park, Rowland Park. Belcarra Regional Park.
Whatever the direction you might want to go, there are many options for getting in and out of the downtown core. The Westcoast Express makes commuting easy, and the city’s bus routes are now connected with the Evergreen Line, expanding your exploring possibilities!
Looking for a new home in downtown Port Coquitlam? Two Shaughnessy’s 39 new personalized residences defy ordinary, with details and features that speak to each homeowner’s personal style. Access kutakdevelopment.com/two to learn more about Two Shaughnessy and register to be contacted by our Sales Team.
The photos used in this article were kindly provided by Kutak Development.