Neighbourhood Highlight: Grandview Heights, South Surrey
March 16, 2021
Located in the heart of South Surrey is Grandview Heights, a vibrant community that has been experiencing an impressive level of growth in the last 5 years and has still managed to maintain its charming small-town feel and its close connection to nature.
Hobby farms and single-family estate homes gave way to a booming real estate market focused on new developments that are bringing many beautiful detached homes and townhomes to this area.
Living an active and healthy lifestyle is easy in a neighbourhood that offers so many convenient recreation options, no matter what direction you go. Being further away from the coast, Grandview Heights residents enjoy more sunny days than the nearby Vancouver, which means less rain and more chances to take advantage of the beautiful outdoors that surrounds Surrey.
Charming small-town feel with a close connection to nature."
See some of the (many) amenities you will find in GRANDVIEW HEIGHTS:
SHOPPING & ESSENTIALS
A lively shopping, banking, and entertainment district made up of The Shops at Morgan Crossing, Grandview Corners, and Southpoint Exchange is located at the heart of Grandview Heights. This area represents a convenient service and shopping hub for the entire South Surrey community.
- The Shops at Morgan Crossing: London Drugs, Thrifty’s Foods, RBC, BMO, Winners, Lululemon, Golf Town, Pure Nail Bar, Running Room, The Shoe Company, Euro Tailers, PetSmart, Vancity, Restoration Hardware, Sage Wellness, Blo Dry Bar.
- Grandview Corners: Indigo, Starbuck, Kitchen Therapy, Old Navy, Home Depot, Mark’s Work Wearhouse, TD Canada Trust, Superstore, Shoppers Drug Mart, BCAA, Walmart. Nest Buy, CIBC, The Brick, Petland, and hundreds of others.
- Southpoint Exchange: Save on Foods, Homesense, Canadian Tire, Staples, Urban Barn, Legacies Health Center, RBC, LifeLabs Laboratory, Morgan Crossing Medical Clinic.
Food & Drinks
Whether you’re looking for a nice evening with a special someone or for a fun family night out with the kids, Grandview Heights has premium restaurants, casual bistros, and eclectic eateries that will certainly conquer your tastebuds.
- The Shops at Morgan Crossing: Sammy J’s, My Shanti, White Spot, Everything Wine.
- Grandview Corners: Earl’s Kitchen + Bar, S+L Kitchen & Bar, Sal y Lemon, Kin Thai, Browns, Liberty Kitchen, Afghan Kitchen, Woo Korean BBQ, Fatburger, Five Guys, WokBox, Kami Sushi, Tim Hortons, McDonald’s.
- Southpoint Exchange: Cactus Club, Milestones, Nando’s, The Keg Steakhouse, Liberty Wine.
Downtown residents are close to winding riverside trails, adventurous playgrounds, When it comes to fun for the whole family, Grandview Heights is as perfect as it gets. Locals can hike, bike, or simply enjoy the many trails and parks tucked away from the crowds, as well as top-notch public and private recreation facilities. Here are some of our personal favourites:
- Grandview Heights Aquatic Centre
- Morgan Creek Golf Course
- Club 16 Fitness Centre
- Spinhouse Cycling Studio
- Eat the Frog Fitness
- Orange Theory
- South Surrey Tennis Courts
- Hazelmere Golf & Tennis Club
- Orchard Grove Park
The neighbourhood is also home to many elementary and secondary schools (Southridge Private School, Pacific Heights Elementary, Creative kids Learning, Wind & Tide Preschool), and it is strategically close to higher education institutions such as Kwantlen Polytechnic University, Trinity Western University, Western Community College, and CDI College. Many hospitals and medical clinics are only minutes away – Morgan Creek Medical Clinic, Peace Arch Hospital, Performance Integrated Health, South Surrey Medical Clinic.
Looking for a new home in Grandview Heights? Veza’s 39 new townhomes are coming soon to the neighbourhood! Developed by Raicon, this project is a perfect blend of timeless qualities and modern design, offering 3 bedroom + flex homes designed for the arrival of new chapters in life. Access vezaliving.ca to learn more about Veza and register to receive information as it becomes available.